Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Fear" of God

"Fear" of God

I have talked to my father about this a few times. I think I have come to the conclusion that our “fear” of God is really a healthy respect. I do not need to fear God. He is my friend. I love Him and He loves me. Do I fear my Friend? No. Is it really a friend if it is someone we fear? No.

We serve God because we love Him.

He is a jealous God, to be certain, the Bible makes that point abundantly clear, but he is jealous out of love for us and a want for what is best for us. God is not as some celestial bully that is ready to spank us when we are bad. He corrects us out of love and will never forsake His own. He has our best interests in mind, even when we don’t see it that way, or we don't have our own in mind.

I respect God, but I will never “fear” my best, and closest, Friend and Saviour....at least that is the way I see it....

No comments:

Post a Comment